A cup of coffee can change a life. Seriously. When I planned to meet a dear friend for coffee the other day I had no idea the turn the conversation would take. Casual coffeehouse conversation turned to tears and regret like a sinkhole I didn't know I was walking around. An old hurt (where I was the one in the wrong) had been eating away at me, interfering with my walk and my witness. I truly wish I could clean my house with the same diligence I use to brush issues I don't want to deal with under the proverbial rug. But here it was. Out in the open. Uninvited.
I was encouraged to deal with what had happened and to reach out to those who had been hurt. And in doing so, a weight that I had been carrying was lifted and a peace in this situation that was elusive settled in.
Over a simple cup of coffee, God's grace was revealed. Over a simple cup of coffee, courage was instilled.
It is my hope that we can all have people in our lives to spur us on towards love and good deeds, to hold us accountable when we are off track, and to love us enough to tell us.
No comments:
Post a Comment