May God grant us this day a whisper of His beauty that sweeps right past our vision and dives deeply like a stream into our world-parched souls. Beth Moore 10/08/2012

WELCOME!

Anyone who knows me at all knows I hate shoes. Well, let me clarify. Anyone who knows me knows I LOVE shoes, from the car to the door. And then off. Hence the name of this blog. In reading Ann Voskamp's book One Thousand Gifts recently we are encouraged to look for God in the ordinariness of life, and that our ordinariness can be transformed into the quest for the holy. The shoes should be taken off. Cool. Already there.

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Waiting

God seems to speak to me in themes. I will run across the same subject in a sermon, a song, a blog post, a book, a conversation, until I get the picture. Right now it is about waiting. Not the kind of waiting that demands patience in our instant gratification society, although much has been written about that for good reason. Its about what to do in the waiting.

Let me see if I can explain. I feel lately as though I am coming out of a fog that I don't remember settling in around me. For as long as I can remember I have been looking forward to the next plan, the next stage, the next thing.

I will give financially when I have more money. I will have more time with the Lord when the household chores are done. I will help a stranger when I have more time and less responsibility. I will become more physically active when I lose weight. I will deal with the sin in my life after I have cleaned it up a bit. I will get into the Word when we start a new bible study.

How do we know if we are born for such a time as this if we pay little or no attention to the THIS!

I remember in one bible study the author pointing out that when God says that he is I AM, a great translation of that is "I am presently happening." So...do I worship the Great I AM or the Great Gonna Be?

Always looking toward what is coming up, longing for what is coming up, is robbing me of the here and now.

So here is my new to do list: Look for God in the right here, right now. Enjoy this life. Be a blessing. Experience joy. From the founding member of the "do more, try harder" club, I think this is a start. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great Dawn! I know God has great plans for your future and I know that you will do great! You are such an inspiration!

Sherry M.