May God grant us this day a whisper of His beauty that sweeps right past our vision and dives deeply like a stream into our world-parched souls. Beth Moore 10/08/2012

WELCOME!

Anyone who knows me at all knows I hate shoes. Well, let me clarify. Anyone who knows me knows I LOVE shoes, from the car to the door. And then off. Hence the name of this blog. In reading Ann Voskamp's book One Thousand Gifts recently we are encouraged to look for God in the ordinariness of life, and that our ordinariness can be transformed into the quest for the holy. The shoes should be taken off. Cool. Already there.

Friday, August 30, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Worship

So...this is my very first post for Five Minute Friday and the subject matter is something I know whereof I speak....worship. Except, not in the way that maybe most people think of worship.

I have built a life and a lifestyle upon worship of one particular thing...my abilities and my plans. Some of them are really good plans. The kind where you say, "Ok, God, here is what I am going to do. Please bless me" type of thing. My solution to any problem that I face is always DO MORE, TRY HARDER. That is the kingdom and I am the Queen. I have to be. I put myself on that throne so many years ago I don't know what is going to be like not to be on it.

It's funny when your kingdom falls apart and you realize that what you say you worship and what you actually worship are two different things. But my God is faithful and he is pointing it out, tearing it down and building me back again brick by stinkin' brick. It isn't fun, but it is so worth it. And in learning to live off the throne, HE who belongs there is back on it. That's the way it should be.

STOP

3 comments:

Emma said...

Hi Dawn, loved your honesty in this post. So glad you joined, I look forward to reading next weeks!

Tresta said...

This is great, Dawn! Welcome to Five Minute Friday - you're gonna love it. Your words are true,and it's a constant stepping down off that thrown that keeps us in the right form of worship. Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Love your honesty. We certainly all have that tendency to make ourselves first in so many areas, even in good things. It will be wonderful to see what He rebuilds in its place. :)

Sara (from fmf link up)