GO
I've been in crisis for as long as I can remember. Whether it is an issue in my marriage, my daughter, a friendship, work or finances it seemed like I was always putting out a fire somewhere. I worked a LOT. In fact, it seems as if for the last couple of years all I had time to do was work, eat and sleep. (I also ate a LOT but that is a different post altogether.) I gave God the scraps of my heart and my time out of whatever energy was left over from dealing with the crisis du jour. Somewhere in the midst of crisis after problem after situation, I lost the ordinary.
I am reclaiming it. I am working much less and learning to deal with giving my life some space. It is easier to see God as miraculous on the mountaintop, at a conference or a concert, hearing an amazing speaker. It is harder to see in what we consider to be the mundane of life, the day in and day out. But it is in the day in and day out that we learn to trust, we can see His faithfulness, and we experience peace.
It is in the ordinary of life that we see God be extraordinary.
STOP
3 comments:
You are so right, it's important to slow down and appreciate the small moments. Enjoyed your take on the word this week!
This is oh so true: "It is in the ordinary of life that we see God be extraordinary." Yes, reclaim the ordinary in your life! Seek our extraordinary God in the little things, look for His blessings and grace, and find peace in His presence.
Beautiful ♥
Post a Comment