May God grant us this day a whisper of His beauty that sweeps right past our vision and dives deeply like a stream into our world-parched souls. Beth Moore 10/08/2012

WELCOME!

Anyone who knows me at all knows I hate shoes. Well, let me clarify. Anyone who knows me knows I LOVE shoes, from the car to the door. And then off. Hence the name of this blog. In reading Ann Voskamp's book One Thousand Gifts recently we are encouraged to look for God in the ordinariness of life, and that our ordinariness can be transformed into the quest for the holy. The shoes should be taken off. Cool. Already there.

Friday, October 4, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Write

On Five Minute Friday the rule is to write for five minutes on a particular prompt, then stop. No editing. This week's prompt is "Write."

GO

I admire those who write. Probably more than is healthy. I can't get over someone who can paint a picture and transport me into a story to the very brink of myself. Some people can write a character so well that when its time to close the book or shut off the TV I can cry for a week over it like they are real. Or, they can speak to you right where you are, draw you in and speak life.

I want to say thank you. Thank you to those who put themselves out there, who pushed past fear and schedules and expectations to offer a lifeline to those of us who will read. To whisper:

You are not crazy.

You are not alone.

I've been there too.

Thank you to those who encourage, exhort, or even yell when they probably had a million other things to do. I appreciate you more than you know.

STOP



Five Minute Friday

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Sweet Dawn,
Stopping by from FMF. I admire you. :) I can tell you know the power of thanksgiving. In reading your giving of thanks, my heart has been lifted. Thank you!

Stephanie

Anonymous said...

Agreed! It is good to be able to read other peoples blogs and see that they have the same feelings as you. We are not alone :) Good post!