May God grant us this day a whisper of His beauty that sweeps right past our vision and dives deeply like a stream into our world-parched souls. Beth Moore 10/08/2012

WELCOME!

Anyone who knows me at all knows I hate shoes. Well, let me clarify. Anyone who knows me knows I LOVE shoes, from the car to the door. And then off. Hence the name of this blog. In reading Ann Voskamp's book One Thousand Gifts recently we are encouraged to look for God in the ordinariness of life, and that our ordinariness can be transformed into the quest for the holy. The shoes should be taken off. Cool. Already there.

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Compassion International Blog Month Post #3

I just really can't afford this. Every time I would come across a presentation about Compassion International my mind would flash to all of the financial mess that I was in. And in most seasons of my adult life, a financial mess was not far behind! I would love to help, but seriously, I just can't.

As part of the process this year of letting go of so many control issues including finances, opening the hands was top on the list. Learn to trust. Take a chance. Give. For someone who is used to holding things tightly and not doing anything until I understand the exact outcome, this was a big step. When I started to scroll through the Compassion website I saw a little girl living in Uganda with the name of Margaret. I passed the picture and kept looking. And went back. Passed again and kept looking. And went back again. Ok...Margaret it is, then. Margaret is a name that runs in our family, so it made sense. I signed up to be a sponser...and the world did not end.

Fast forward a couple of months, and I clicked on a link that brought me back to the Compassion International website. I don't even know why I was looking. I already sponsered a child, right? But I kept scrolling through the pictures and saw another picture of another girl in Uganda. This one was older, age 13. She has the most beautiful smile I have ever seen. But....I have one, I don't kneed another. Her name is Lillian.

I could NOT get Lillian off my mind. I kept seeing that gorgeous smile and thinking about her. There are so many Compassion kids on that site, I thought I wouldn't really find her again if I looked. So I selected Uganda as the country and to look for girls....hers was the first picture that popped up. Seriously!

Even though it is a relatively new process for me, I have been so blessed to get our introductory letters from both of them. BOTH made me cry. I have their pictures on my desk at work as a reminder to pray for them. I am so grateful that our Lord is using this wonderful organization to help so many people, and so blessed to be a small part of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is fantastic!!! You are breaking a stronghold AND providing their needs. God is so faithful. Blessing upon blessing.