Happy Friday! Our prompt for Five Minute Friday is the word "Red." Here goes:
GO
I really wish that the first thing that popped into my head when I saw our prompt today were things like red rubber balls, bright red ballons or a cherry popsicle melting on a late summer day. But, truth be told, the phrase "seeing red" is what was stuck in there. I have an anger problem.
Or maybe not so much of an anger problem but what Beth Moore in Breaking Free calls "the spirit of offense." The littlest frustrations in life seem to be able to set me off. Sometimes it is a perceived slight from a friend, someone else's facebook post, or anything really that can interrupted my so-called perfectly arranged plan or schedule.
So my goal for today will be to get through this Friday without seeing red...about anything. Be grateful for the interruption that could be a God appointment, lighten up already! Sometimes we can take ourselves too seriously and miss the beauty right in front of us if it doesn't line up with what we had planned. A day without ONE roll of the eyes or heavy sigh...I wish it could somehow be more noble. BUT...we all have to start somewhere!
STOP
2 comments:
Love the honesty here. So refreshing!
I know what you mean. It can be so easy to chalk up offenses, but God is able to wipe the board clean if we just let Him.
And you're right..."we all have to start somewhere."
Here's to not seeing red today. Blessings!
I get this. That phrase ran through my head as well, but only briefly. And today after "going off" a couple of times, well, yeah, I get it.
I'm so thankful that there is grace for us in those times we lose it and the chance to start fresh again.
Visiting from FMF.
Post a Comment